Note: This installer requires LabVIEW to be run with Administrator privileges. To do so, close LabVIEW, right click the LabVIEW shortcut, and select "Run As Administrator".
With the FANUC library, you can easily integrate robotics into new types of systems and applications for automated test, laboratory automation, and flexible manufacturing - eliminating complex robotics programming expertise.
The library features easy-to-use native LabVIEW VIs for controlling and commanding robots directly from a graphical development environment. With this library, you can program a single LabVIEW application that integrates all aspects of machine control and automation from part-handling and robot control to advanced measurements, inspection, machine vision and HMI.
Using this approach, you do not need to learn specialized robotics programming software, which means you can achieve higher performance and better results in less time. The entire application is developed in NI's powerful LabVIEW Graphical Design Environment.
System Requirements FANUC system requirements
? Fanuc R-30iA (software version 7.5 or above), R-30iB, R30iB+ (9.10, 9.30, 9.40) robot controller
? User Socket Messaging (R648) software option installed on Robot Controller
LabVIEW PC system requirements
? LabVIEW 2012 or above (32 & 64 bit)
? Ethernet card and Ethernet cable
? Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32 & 64 bit) or LabVIEW Real-Time
Product setup overview
The setup procedure for the product is described in the "Controller Setup Manual and library configuration" manual:
? online - www.digimetrix.com/wp-content/uploads/dm_fcrl_setup.pdf
? offline - C:\\ProgramData\\DigiMetrix\\Fanuc Robotics Library\\DM_FcRL_Controller_setup_manual.pdf
? offline - go to LabVIEW -> Help Menu -> DigiMetrix -> Fanuc Robotics Library? -> Controller Setup Manual
The setup procedure for DigiMetrix Robotics Library for Fanuc consists of the following steps:
1. Checking system requirements
2. Installing DigiMetrix Robotics Library for Fanuc
3. Configuring the robot controller variables
4. Loading server part of the library to the robot controller
5. Initial manual start of server program to allow it to configure controller variables (list of adjusted variables is described in Controller setup manual)
6. Restarting the controller
Free updates are included with purchase of a license. You will receive an e-mail message once available a new release.
The latest version can be downloaded from National Instruments Corporation website or through the VIPM.
NI Discussion Forums
We appreciate your feedback and ideas on how to improve our products -- please visit NI Discussion Forum for DigiMetrix:
Need more help?
Contact DigiMetrix by e-mail or phone, we will respond to support inquiries within 48 hours!
phone: +49 (0) 89 - 20 70 42 255
fax: +49 (0) 89 - 20 70 42 256
Version 18.104.22.168 - March 2021
Warning:This library version will not work with earlier server versions. Please update sever code on controller following instruction in Controller Setup Help section.
- Added "Read/Write Variable (Vector)" type
- Removed linear and rotational upper speed limit
- Unexpected error replaced with more informational error codes at some cases
- Added R30iB+ Controller versions 9.30 and 9.40 support
- Fixed bug with Toolkit status reported as "running" after an unsuccessfull attempt to resume the paused (due to error/safety) Toolkit.
- Get Torque fixed - now torque values are read as Integer variables instead of Real
Release dateMarch 25, 2021