The Simplicity AI Custom PDF Generator for LabVIEW is a toolkit containing easy to use block diagram functions for generating PDF documents in this almost universally readable, highly portable file format. Text, tables, images, watermarks and front panel images, can all be incorporated into documents, and have a number of formatting options applied. PDF features such as sections, chapters, bookmarks and hyperlinks are also available to improve the navigation of a document
Key Features of the Custom PDF Generator for LabVIEW:
- Add Formatted Text, Graphics, Tables and Hyperlinks to a PDF
- High Readability Tables with Alternate Row Colours (Zebra Stripes)
- Improve Document Navigation with Sections, Chapters and Bookmarks
- Automatic Page Numbering and Created-On Date in Footer
- Streamlined Automatic Installation/Removal through VI Package Manager
- PDF/A Support for Long Term Document Archiving
Full Feature List:
- Free of Simplicity AI Watermarking (Fully Licensed Version Only)
- Unlimited Executable Deployment License Included (Fully Licensed Version Only)
- Access to Simplicity AI Web Support Tool (Fully Licensed Version Only)
- PDF/A-1b for Standardised Long Term Archiving
- Add Password Encryption to PDFs
- Embed LabVIEW Front Panel and Control Images
- Embed Graphics and Custom Watermark Images (JPEG, PNG, BMP)
- Write LabVIEW String Text Direct to PDF
- Define Header and Footer Information
- Automatic Page Numbering in Footer
- Automatic 'Created On' Date in Footer
- Define Chapters, Sections and Custom Bookmarks
- Create Internal and External Document Links
- Embed Data Tables and Specify Attributes Such as Alternate Row Colours
- Import Existing PDF Pages and Documents into a PDF
- Multiple Font Support with Corresponding Style Formatting
- 7 Example VIs Included Demonstrating All Major Features
- LabVIEW Context Help Supplied for All VIs
- Detailed Windows Help File with Hyperlinks
- Supports LabVIEW 8.6, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, or Higher
- Runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Automatic Installation into LabVIEW Using VI Package Manager
Benefits of PDF for Technical Reporting:
Tight control of technical documentation is an essential part of high accountability industries such as aerospace, automotive, medical devices and defence. By using PDF to store the output of an automated test and measurement system, a much greater degree of control on the data can be exerted, ensuring that the document represents the unaltered output from the equipment. Other file formats such as plain ASCII, CSV, HTML, Word and Excel have limited access control and are easily edited using tools available on a standard corporate desktop computer. With PDF even standard files need specialised software to edit and by enabling protection features, fine control of what a user can do with a document can be set.
PDF also provides a solution to long term electronic archiving of test result documents, by including a standard that maintains future readabilty. This can be an issue with other file formats, because as computer software, operating systems and even fonts become obsolete, it can be difficult to open files built using them. PDF/A is a much stricter subset of the PDF standard which aims to ensure documents can be accurately reproduced in the future.
- This release addresses an issue with the Base 14 fonts expected to be shipped with any PDF reader.
- Allowed picture formats extended to include support to embed .tif and .tiff images. In the case of multi-image Tiff files only the first image is embedded.
- Updated help file to link to Getting Started Guide which describes the process of deploying an executable with the Custom PDF Generator.
Release dateMay 19, 2016