Upgrading from an earlier version? Version 3 is a major upgrade, so please scroll down to read the Upgrade Notes section BEFORE installing it!
This release includes a licensing fix. Please read the release notes at the end of this dialog for details.
The Custom PDF Generator is your toolkit for easily creating high quality documents directly from your LabVIEW programs. Content can include text, tables, front panel views and embedded images, all with a wide range of formatting options. Enable easy navigation of your documents by adding features such as sections, chapters, bookmarks and hyperlinks. Protect your data with password and PDF/A capabilities.
Full List of Features:
Documentation & Installation
Automatic Installation Using VI Package Manager
Detailed Help File with Hyperlinks
Example Programs Covering All Major Features
Downloadable Getting Started Guide
Context Help for All VIs
Embed LabVIEW Front Panel and Control Images
Embed Graphics Images (BMP, JPEG, PNG)
Watermarking of Pages (Full version only)
Automatic Creation Date in Footer
Automatic Page Numbering in Footer
Each License enables use on 1 development PC
Each License enables use in unlimited deployed executables
Define Chapters, Sections and Custom Bookmarks
Internal and External Document Links
PDF/A-1b for Standardised Long Term Archiving
Add Password Encryption to PDFs
Embed Tables in Documents
Simple Table VI for Getting Started Quickly
Table Builder for Complete Control
Alternate Row Highlighting
Column Spanning for Table Cells
Set a Range of Formatting Options for Columns, Rows or Cells
Multiple Font Support with Corresponding Style Formatting
Unicode Character Support
Write LabVIEW Strings Directly into PDF
Please email all support requests to email@example.com
Major feature improvements have been incorporated into version 3 of the Custom PDF generator, which has required considerable internal changes. When upgrading please consider the following:
1) Version 3 requires a new license to be issued by Simplicity. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2) When upgrading to version 3, version 2 must first be removed, as it is not compatible. During the installation of the version 3 package, a prompt relating to automatic removal of 2 version should appear.
3) When opening up projects built using version 2, manual relinking of Custom PDF Generator VIs will be required. VIs may appear with a question mark icon and the user required to manually locate the files. The 'Upgrade Notes' section of the Custom PDF Generator help file provides assistance with this process.
- Fix bug that caused an error when using an encrypted PDF with a header or footer
- Added some new table builder and advanced header/footer examples
- Applied fix for a race condition when inserting control/FP image
- Fix Table Builder memory leak when creating very large tables
- Fix licensing module. Previously the Hardware ID used for license activation could change if a USB flash drive of 64GB or greater was inserted in to the PC. <
Release dateNovember 13, 2018